This course will make you well prepared and ready for the online PRINCE2® Foundation exam.
- The course is tailored to those who have a busy schedule
- The course is available for 12 months from date of purchase
- The course has been developed by our best PRINCE2® trainers
- You will learn the PRINCE2® method and gain knowledge about how to run a PRINCE2® project from start to closure
- You will obtain a solid understanding of the internationally recognized «best practice» project management method
- You will boost your career opportunities by acquiring a widely respected and sought-after certification
- You will increase your project management skills and achieve greater success in your projects
PRINCE2® is widely recognized as one of the world’s leading project management methods, both in Norway and worldwide.
This course is aimed at:
- Anyone looking to gain a thorough understanding of PRINCE2®
- Individuals who want to formalize their project management competency with a PRINCE2® Foundation certification
- Those simply looking to learn more about project management
In this e-learning course you will become well acquainted with:
- PRINCE2® concepts and terminology
- The 7 principles, 7 themes and 7 processes that form PRINCE2®
- An overview of why and how PRINCE2® is tailored to suit the project environment
The course consists of 18 modules plus 2 mock exams.
Course details and preparations
Completing the course: The course is self-paced meaning you can do it at your own pace and whenever it suits your schedule. Estimated time to complete the e-learning is 20 hours. The course will be available to you for 12 months after date of purchase.
Exam: PRINCE2® Foundation
We recommend that you sign up for the online exam after completing the course. Choose a date and time suitable to your schedule. As with the e-learning course, you will have 12 months to conduct the exam after date of purchase. Upon purchasing the course you will receive information on how to sign up.
Scope: 60 multiple choice-questions, of which 55 % need to be answered correctly in order to pass.
Duration: 60 minutes (75 minutes if you take the exam in a language that is not your native language).
Conducting the exam: Online exam. You will need internet access and a computer with sound, microphone and webcam.
Working in and with projects is becoming increasingly popular. Nowadays employees are expected to perform a variety of tasks in collaboration with different people. In order to succeed one needs to be efficient at directing and managing projects. To this end, PRINCE2® is a useful tool and one of the most renowned and used methods within project management. Furthermore, companies are increasing their demands for documented project management skills and certifications when hiring new employees.
As a project manager for small-, medium or large projects, the PRINCE2® method gives you the framework and tools that you need. The method is scalable and can easily be adapted to your company’s projects.
PRINCE2® (PRojects IN Controlled Environments) is widely known as one of the leading methods for project management in the market. It is a process-based approach to a project model which includes phases and decision gates.
PRINCE2® originates from England and is based on «best practice» within project management. It comes from the world of IT-projects but has evolved to become a method suitable to all types of projects regardless of size, sector, type of organization, geography and culture. The method describes how to run a project from beginning to end. It is generic and needs to be tailored fit your organization’s needs. The method suits both public and private organizations.
In Norway, DIFI (Direktoratet for Forvaltning og IKT) have developed their own project management method – Prosjektveiviseren – which is heavily influenced by PRINCE2®.
The number of PRINCE2® certified professionals is increasing rapidly, both in Norway and worldwide. Some claim that by 2019 the number of people holding a PRINCE2® certification will surpass two million. This underpins the claim that PRINCE2® is among the very top project management methods today.
There are two PRINCE2® certification levels: Foundation and Practitioner.
PRINCE2® Foundation suits anyone who would like to learn a «best practice» project management method. There are no prerequisites to undertake this certification. Here at Holte Academy we provide three-day classroom courses where you take the exam on the last day.
PRINCE2® Practitioner builds on the Foundation certification by delving deeper into the practical aspects of utilizing the PRINCE2® framework. In order to take this certification, you need to already possess a PRINCE2® or PMP® certification. Holte Academy offers two-day classroom courses where you take the exam on the last day.
PRINCE2® is a registered trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved. The Swirl logo™ is a trade mark of AXELOS Limited, used under permission of AXELOS Limited. All rights reserved